Make information memorable with creative visual designtechniques
Research shows that visual information is more quickly andeasily understood, and much more likely to be remembered. Thisinnovative book presents the design process and the best softwaretools for creating infographics that communicate. Including aspecial section on how to construct the increasingly popularinfographic resume, the book offers graphic designers, marketers,and business professionals vital information on the most effectiveways to present data.
- Explains why infographics and data visualizations work
- Shares the tools and techniques for creating greatinfographics
- Covers online infographics used for marketing, including socialmedia and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Shows how to market your skills with a visual, infographicresume
- Explores the many internal business uses of infographics,including board meeting presentations, annual reports, consumerresearch statistics, marketing strategies, business plans, andvisual explanations of products and services to your customers
With Cool Infographics, you’ll learn to createinfographics to successfully reach your target audience and tellclear stories with your data.
Q&A with the Author
How is Cool Infographics different?
This is a how-to book for designers and marketers. With over 100 examples of successful infographics from designers all over the world, this book explains the complete design and promotion process. It’s not just the great infographics themselves, but the whole package of topic selection, design, publishing and promotion.
Designing a good infographic is only the first step. For an infographic to be successful, you need to follow-through by developing a good landing page, promoting your own content and finally executing an outreach plan to expose the infographic to a wide audience. Cool Infographics spells out the entire process for CEOs, Marketers, Designers and Entrepreneurs.
Why are infographics valuable for businesses?
All companies want to communicate effectively with their customers, shareholders and employees. Infographics can break through the immense amount of data and information people are exposed to every day. Data visualizations and infographics provide three key advantages:
- Well designed infographics are quick and easy for the readers to understand
- Visuals increase how much information your audience remembers by 650% over text alone
- Images like infographics are incredibly easy to share online and attract more attention
Is Cool Infographics a design book or a marketing book?
Both — Cool Infographics is a book about using good visual design as part of a broader marketing strategy. Marketing your company brand, your business model, your ideas, your products, your financial results, your business processes, and even yourself.
It doesn’t matter if you are a graphic designer or if you will be working with a designer. The tips and strategies in this book will help you create engaging visual content that your audience will love. Although infographics are the focus, the strategies about developing, publishing and promoting content online apply to all types of content.
Frequently Bought Together
This item: Cool Infographics: Effective Communication with Data Visualization and Design$8.33